Foundry privacy protection requires users to login to prevent unauthorized access. How does that work for people with different roles involved with our school. If I am an advisor and also have admin rights, or have multiple roles in our school, how do you recommend that I log in to Foundry?
Logging in to Foundry is easy and secure. You will need three pieces of information to successfully log in:
- Your Foundry school name (could be a real or an abbreviated name)
- Your username (provided by the Foundry Administrator)
- Your password.
There is no need to pre-select the role you want to use in Foundry. To login to the Foundry application, you may simply type in:
Once you have logged in, Foundry knows what roles you have in the application. There is no need to log out and log in with a different role, or have multiple browser tabs open to be logged in with a specific role.
All users can see which roles are available to them and can switch between them by navigating to the profile menu (represented by your name) and selecting the desired role from the list shown.
Benefits of the new login approach.
- Single tab gives access to all roles.
- Role switching inside the application saves time and clicks.
- Foundry remembers what page you were in before you switched roles
- Access to functionality is seamless across all roles.
We created a short video to show you how to log in and navigate to a different role if you have multiple roles in Foundry.