The content target scale will allow advisors to evaluate the level of proficiency demonstrated for individual content targets that have been aligned to a learning experience.
Scale Set Up
To set your scale, your Admin user will access your scales via Admin > Site Settings > Manage Scales. Scroll through the available scales in your site until you find the scale that is currently set as the Target Scale; click the associated 'Manage' button for that row.
When the page reloads, customize each option of your desired grading scale, clicking the 'Save' button for each row before moving to the next.
- Mark Name is the option that will appear for advisors to select when evaluating content targets aligned to learning experiences.
- Mark Name is also the label that will show on various graphs in the Performance section of Foundry.
- The 'Is Completer' option, when selected, indicates that the evaluated target will count towards students' learning requirements (see 'Pie Chart' performance page).
For readability of the resulting graphs on the Pie Chart, Credits and Heat Maps pages, we recommend that you adhere to a standardized approach to organizing the marks. Referring to a simple X and Y graph, the lowest value option should start at '0' on the X-axis, and the highest value mark (e.g. 'Exceeding') should be placed to the right on the X-axis.
In Foundry, this translates to:
- List the lowest scale value at the top of the list of values, the highest value at the bottom of the list.
- Use real descriptions for the mark names, as these become labels for charts etc.
- If working with an existing scale, move the marks in the correct order in the list by using the 'Up' and 'Down' buttons behind each option (see screen shot above).